- Describe your age.
It is an Age of Wonder.
- Where were you five years ago?
Not a great deal has changed for me in the last five years but that's because everything is pretty much A-OK. If you must know, I am a little hairier.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Hopefully in a position of power. We may not prosper under my rule but everyone will have a nice time.
- What's a good night's entertainment for you and your friends?
I like watching live music. Sometimes, if you get the right band in the right venue with the right friends, it just clicks.
Blowing bubbles and trying to pop them before they hit the ground is still a blast also.
- What got you into DVD and how long ago?
My brother. He jumped on the experience early (years ago) and I would go over to his place where he would showcase some of the stuff he had got that week. The first time I heard an audio commentary (Blair Witch), it blew me away.
- What do you love about DVD?
I love the sound and the picture quality - no doubt about it. For me though, I love the extras. Retrospective documentaries on your favourites, audio commentaries, deleted scenes - it's all good.
I also like the way that if you hold them up in front of your face and look at your reflection, there is a hole where your nose should be.
- Given the advances in DVD over the past few years, does the format still surprise you and why?
Not much surprises me these days.
- What title in your collection do you use to introduce friends and family to DVD and why?
My friends aren't very sophisticated. They seem to enjoy things that they can clap their hands along to. If they can learn a little something along the way then that's just great.
- Outside of DVD, what keeps you entertained?
I love my music. Just trying to keep on top of that leaves little time for anything else.
On the flipside though, peace and quiet is a wonderful thing.
- Have you ever met someone famous before and/or wish to meet someone famous?
Er...does the Paddle Pop Lion count?
- What is your current method of transport and what would you like to upgrade to?
I ride around on a two-wheeler.
- What is your favorite recipe/meal/take-away?
We have a local Vietnamese restaraunt called Minh Minh in Victoria Street, Abbotsford. Sometimes the spring rolls there are so good it makes me want to weep for joy. I actually did once and they kicked me out.
- What is the only joke you seem to remember when people around you are telling jokes?
Ha! It's that one where the long-faced horse walks into... No, wait! A barman is serving a drink when...no that's not right...Hang on...forget it.
- Can you juggle? Can you juggle knives? Can you still juggle?
No juggling. Not now - not ever.
- What are the most memorable nicknames you've had in your lifetime?
My best nicknames were the ones I have bestowed upon myself and then insisted that everyone use.
- What was the first video game you fell in love with, on what machine? What is your favourite now?
I used to play Moon Patrol down at the Well Street Fish and Chip shop. You've gotta go a long, long way to top Moon Patrol.
- What are your favourites? (Music, movies, books, anything!)
Here are 5 Movies:
Do The Right Thing,
The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- What DON'T you like about DVD?
I don't like the way that they look so much like CDs. I'm sorry, but I just don't need any more confusion in my life right now.
|Peter's recent reviews:
The X-Files Season 6 Box Set
"The truth is out there and it comes in a beautifully packaged box set…"
The Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat
"In this case, nine lives may not be enough..."
X-Men: The Legend of Wolverine
"Four more tales of mutant mayhem starring the little angry one with the claws..."
"A fine musical for mums and strippers alike…"
Guilty By Suspicion
"A cautionary tale from the land of the free…"
Art Pepper - Notes From A Jazz Survivor
"As moody and as disjointed as the music that made him famous."
"A captivating tale of lies and l’amour in the City of Light…"
Live From Bonnaroo Music Festival 2002
"Crank the music, block the toilets and pass the… er… crackers and dip – it’s festival time!"
Real Bout High School 1 - Enter the Samurai Girl
"Sometimes animation needs more than just short skirts and schoolgirl samurai…"
"The irony of a film about sadomasochism being bound and gagged by the censors should not be lost on anyone."
List all Peter's reviews