- Describe your age.
- Where were you five years ago?
God, that's depressing. Unemployed and suffering from manic depression, as I recall.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Living in disgraceful suburbia with two dogs and about 12 PCs.
- What's a good night's entertainment for you and your friends?
Nice night at the pub or gathered on the couch with good music and copious wine.
- What got you into DVD and how long ago?
I came to DVD from laserdisc, so I've been in the snob-video game for a while now, probably since about 1995.
- What do you love about DVD?
I love the picture quality, the extras and the convenience. Most of all I love the price.
- Given the advances in DVD over the past few years, does the format still surprise you and why?
I can't say I've been surprised by DVD of late. Bits is bits, as they say.
- What title in your collection do you use to introduce friends and family to DVD and why?
Actually, I don't use demo discs. If somebody wants to watch a film, I'm happy to put it on for them, but I'm not a DVD evangelist and usually don't even mention my home theatre.
- Outside of DVD, what keeps you entertained?
I am a geek. I dig nerd tools.
- Have you ever met someone famous before and/or wish to meet someone famous?
Never met anybody famous, no interest whatsoever.
- What is your current method of transport and what would you like to upgrade to?
- What is your favorite recipe/meal/take-away?
- What is the only joke you seem to remember when people around you are telling jokes?
- Can you juggle? Can you juggle knives? Can you still juggle?
- What are the most memorable nicknames you've had in your lifetime?
- What was the first video game you fell in love with, on what machine? What is your favourite now?
- What are your favourites? (Music, movies, books, anything!)
- What DON'T you like about DVD?
|Paul's recent reviews:
"As sexy as washing your hands, but longer."
The Chronicles of Riddick - Dark Fury
"Like.. a bridge. Over troubled waters."
Pitch Black: SE
"Pitch Black: Consolidated Edition"
Bad Taste: Special Edition
"The bastards have landed!"
House of Sand and Fog
"If tragedy was pudding, you wouldn't be able to get off the couch."
"A cult classic farce, treated poorly with a transfer from shabby source material."
"Heathens! It's 'Bronenosets Potyomkin'!"
Little Shop of Horrors (1960)
"Written in a week, shot in two days, it could only be Roger Corman!"
North by Northwest
"Great film, great transfer. Make me happy and buy this disc immediately."
"The bird! It talks!"
List all Paul's reviews