- Describe your age.
It's midway between where I once was and somewhere I'm yet to get to. Or something. I need to lie down.
- Where were you five years ago?
Re-entering Brisbane from northern orbit. Burned up and all.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
I don't see myself in five years from now. Having visited the future, it appears we split up sometime within the next three years.
- What's a good night's entertainment for you and your friends?
- What got you into DVD and how long ago?
Ram-raiding pawn shops. That was one to three years back.
- What do you love about DVD?
Compactivitynessness. And getting everything ever made in cinema or for TV or anything eventually coming to DVD.
- Given the advances in DVD over the past few years, does the format still surprise you and why?
Technology always astounds me. The slow passage of the community (myself included) to catch up doesn't.
- What title in your collection do you use to introduce friends and family to DVD and why?
What am I a match-making service? Let 'em put an ad in the Personals, it's not my problem.
- Outside of DVD, what keeps you entertained?
Movies. Writing. Animating. (Expletive Deleted).
- Have you ever met someone famous before and/or wish to meet someone famous?
I've met plenty but don't wanna sound like a wanker by listing them all. I use my reviews to do that...
- What is your current method of transport and what would you like to upgrade to?
I ride a rugged and manly bicycle. With training wheels and spokey-dokeys.
- What is your favorite recipe/meal/take-away?
Hmm. Food always good when other cook it.
- What is the only joke you seem to remember when people around you are telling jokes?
I hate when people cart out jokes. But here's a tip to get people to listen closer: Put it in first person (like in Good Will Hunting)
- Can you juggle? Can you juggle knives? Can you still juggle?
I can juggle actually. A good job, a good woman and a DVD addiction. Plus my parole officer.
- What are the most memorable nicknames you've had in your lifetime?
'You there' was always a popular one. Thanks Dad.
- What was the first video game you fell in love with, on what machine? What is your favourite now?
Asteroids forever. And ever.
- What are your favourites? (Music, movies, books, anything!)
I like stuff.
Ben Stiller. Comics.
Christmas. Fruit Tingles.
- What DON'T you like about DVD?
Shit transfers. It's not only disrespecting the film/show/whatever, it's calling us a chump for buying it. Damn executives.
|Jules's recent reviews:
"Gene Hackman as an action star? It happened… "
A King in New York: SE
"Taking a poke at too many demons makes this film a little stilted and not among his best works"
A Zed and Two Noughts
"Is it art or is it pornography? Who cares? Both are good."
Blake's 7 - The Complete Series One
"Performances are fine, but the flimsy sets, the crappy props and the undisguisable late 70s hairdos are just too much."
"While not amongst some of Sellers’ more confident roles, this one is still up there amidst the more subtle of them…"
A Woman of Paris: SE
"...for the casual Chaplin observer there’s not much here to grab..."
Double the Fist - Volume 1
"…There is an interesting story here that seems years ahead of its time in regards to horror films…"
"Peter O’Toole is no stranger to the borderline mental illness part and without him in the titular role I wonder how effective this eerily still film would have been."
Angry Kid - Season One and Two DVD Collection
"When you have a series written, voiced and directed by the same guy, there's really no one there to tell him it's crap..."
List all Jules's reviews