- Describe your age.
I am approximately 4.49 billion years younger than the sun.
- Where were you five years ago?
Orbiting the earth on a stolen Barglusian freighter, those Barglusians sure are bad sports!
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Still running from those damn Barglusians.
- What's a good night's entertainment for you and your friends?
Watching a movie, playing a board game, drinking, saving the universe (in that order).
- What got you into DVD and how long ago?
I've always been into movies, I paid a ridiculous sum of money for a laserdisc player in the mid 90's (I still have it) and then even more ridiculous amount of money to import the actual discs. When DVD players became available in Australia I spent another ridiculous amount of money on a DVD player, I'm hoping that DVD is around for a long time because with a house to pay off there are no longer any ridiculous amounts of money available to spend on new technologies. Ironically, my current DVD player cost me $70 and it does a better job than my first one, which cost $1500, I hate technology.
- What do you love about DVD?
It's shiney. I like the shiney bits. I also love how so many old (and new) T.V. series are being released at reasonable prices, 5 years ago owning the whole series of X-Files or Bablylon 5 for example would have been insanely expensive, these days it's only mildly insanely expensive.
- Given the advances in DVD over the past few years, does the format still surprise you and why?
If a DVD grew legs and hid under my bed armed with a scalpel then tried to slice my achiles tendon, THAT would surprise me.
- What title in your collection do you use to introduce friends and family to DVD and why?
The Fifth Element and Contact have been my 'reference' DVD's since I got my first player, since then a lot of other suitable demo discs have been released by I always fall back on these old favourites for some reason.
- Outside of DVD, what keeps you entertained?
Outside of DVD? I don't understand the question.
- Have you ever met someone famous before and/or wish to meet someone famous?
I was on T.V. once, does that make me famous? If so, I've met myself, several times.
- What is your current method of transport and what would you like to upgrade to?
A 1987 Nissan Skyline, I'd like to upgrade to a black 1979 Trans-am Firebird, just like The Bandit!
- What is your favorite recipe/meal/take-away?
My favourite meal is food.
- What is the only joke you seem to remember when people around you are telling jokes?
A horse goes into a bar and the bartended asks "Why the long face?"
- Can you juggle? Can you juggle knives? Can you still juggle?
I can juggle 2 balls at once, once, that is, I throw both balls up in the air and they both fall on the ground, that's juggling! With that in mind, I'm pretty sure I could juggle knives too, I'll give it a go and report results.
- What are the most memorable nicknames you've had in your lifetime?
Most of my 'nicknames' are aliases and I can't repeat them here or the feds will be able to track me down again.
- What was the first video game you fell in love with, on what machine? What is your favourite now?
Moon Patrol, I spent way too much money in a seaside milkbar trying to beat this game when I should have been out building sandcastles (or getting sand kicked in my face). My current favourite is Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 on XBOX, I'm a sucker for a good hack n' slash.
- What are your favourites? (Music, movies, books, anything!)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. Also, My favourite colour is purple.
- What DON'T you like about DVD?
Special Editions, I hate shelling out $30 and a week later another version of the DVD comes out with more extras or a directors cut or whatever, I really DON'T like that (unless I was smart enough to wait, then I laugh at all the suckers!).
|Chris's recent reviews:
M*A*S*H - Season 5 (MASH)
"Fans of M*A*S*H* will get a lot of value out of these new box sets."
The Girl Next Door - Uncut Version
"Right up there with American Pie in the "Teen Sex Romp" genre."
"This movie is hilarious, well worth a watch you fargin sneaky bastage iceholes."
"It doesn't tax the acting abilities of any of the main players but fans of Stiller, Black or Walken should check this out."
Shaun Of The Dead
"Shaun of the Dead seamlessly merges the genres of Romantic Comedy and Zombie Apocalypse Horror."
Blake's 7 - Series 2
"If you crave for some nostalgic sci-fi with an impressive set of extras then this is the box set for you. "
Revenge Of The Nerds 2 - Nerds In Paradise
"Isnít a shadow on the classic original."
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2
"If Chevy Chase was dead, heíd be rolling in his grave."
Bridget Jones 2 - The Edge Of Reason
"I enjoyed Bridget Jones 2 - The Edge of Reason and itís nothing to do with a fetish for large underwear, I swear!"
"Cheap frights arenít the selling point of The Locals."
List all Chris's reviews